...and then

Wednesday 24 February 2010

Sach intertainment (Courtesy my ex-colleague Ranjona Bannerjee)

How nice to have just about half the world talking about you. Nicely.

Those of you on twitter will know exactly what I am talking about. Here's a bunch of things that has appeared on my twitter home page by various fans.

"Now I know what god really looks like. He's 5'5", maharashtrian and plays cricket! Tendulkar Bappa Morya!"
"Sach intertainment"
"I saw history made today"
"Yay" (me)
"This is the finest thing we have seen on a cricket field."
"Truly the GOD of cricket! WOW! the one record,the one milestone,the one EVEREST that was left...he has conquered it with dedication n grace!"
"The GOD has just showed, how rightly he is 'The God'!!!"

And through all this, morose old Shekhar Kapoor is playing drama queen.
"How many Indians must die before we get rid of corrupt governance? Terrorists, Fire, Hunger. Twitter for change" (Shouldn't it be 'tweet' for change?)
Lighten up for just a bit, Mr India.   
*****
Speaking of happy things, another list post. Things that have made me happy these past few days.

  • Finding, by chance, my mum reading my blog
  • Waking up to see my daughter's goofy smile 
  • A story I did got picked up by a university here for a demo on how-to.
  • My skin's stopped being hormonal and has gone back to glowing normalcy :p
  • An email with a very nice thing someone I used to look up to in college said to me. (Hi, you-know-who-you-are!)
  • Pants
  • Finding http://inkspillz.blogspot.com/
  • Dropped a kilo or two. Yay.
  • Reading first posts in blogs.
Honestly. I am not just saying this for effect. These things do make me happy. 
  
*****
On another note, everyone's saying, "You make us proud" to Sachin. Can anyone tell me why any of us sitting on our lazy arses, staring into our computers or watching tv while eating a big bag of baked chips should be proud that Sachin is a dedicated, focused, disciplined, consistent, humble, bloody brilliant sportsman?
For, I don't think we had anything to do with where were born -- if our criterion for saying we are proud of Sachin is that we share a nationality -- and the only batting most of us do is to do with a movement of an eyelid. 

That said, Go SACHIIIIIN!






Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Judy Balan said...

I have not got the hang of Twitter. And the last time I watched cricket with a frenzy was back when I was 13 or 14 and the world cup was going on. Also, Glenn Mcgrath was something to look at, then. So *blink* on both counts :D

But you dropped a couple of kgs and that only made you smile? I would have stopped at the muffin shop to celebrate! :-0)

7:21 pm  
Blogger Sandhya Menon said...

Sigh... McGrath. No darling, it didn't make me smile, it made me happy :) eat-two-doughnuts (one glazed, one chocolate) happy, buy two pants and a pair of shoes happy :)

11:55 pm  
Blogger deepa ravi said...

...and then for the next 10 matches God will get out for a duck and the same guys will say he's tool old to play and must retire. sigh. for sure sachin must know what god feels like. when he does what we want we put him on a pedestal...when he fails he simply crush him like paper and shove him into the garbage with the choicest of curses!!

Have to second Judy here...have no clue about twitter.

And losing two kgs...girl go celebrate with that muffin!! :)

3:18 pm  
Blogger Sandhya Menon said...

deepa: well said about God - conditional love, it is.
and two doughnuts not enough?! should i be
stuffin
my face with a
muffin
too?

3:20 pm  
Blogger Judy Balan said...

Aha :)) Well, ditto. For the doughnuts, at least :-|

5:17 pm  
Blogger Sumi Mathai said...

nice template :)
and as for Sachin, yay yay yay!!!

4:34 pm  
Blogger SwB said...

Haha ... well said that last bit on Sachin.

Arre and I thought I was your fav. living Indian poet! Wot men! :)

8:47 am  
Blogger SwB said...

But I kinda look like him, no? :)

8:49 am  
Blogger Sandhya Menon said...

Me: Thanks! At least someone noticed! I have to make you a crochet-something (whatever you want).
SWB: Ok ok, you and Thayil have top spot, okay? Send me picture so I can decide:P

10:20 am  
Blogger scarlet pimpernel said...

Sachins knock of 200 . It was one of those rare occasions when indians and paskistanis watch t.v togother in our labour camp

5:00 pm  
Anonymous Spirited Seeker said...

"The only batting most of us do is to do with a movement of an eyelid." Haha! You have a great sense of humour :)

8:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home